Project: Falcon Sports & Community Centre
Role: Main Contractor (Design & Build)
Period: 52 weeks
Here appointed to work on this extensive project as the principal design and build contractor. This involved building and developing a fully-functional sports and community centre, over a period of 52 weeks.
HSDev’s brief was to design and construct a sports and community centre incorporating the following:
- Sports hall
- Back of house changing room facilities
- Front of house crèche area
- Manager’s office
- Meeting room
- WC facilities
The project also involved construction of an all-weather sports pitch, external sports pitches and all associated landscaping and land drainage for the external sports pitches.
- Dealing with a multi headed Client
- Integrating sustainable means of construction for the building using sola-ventilation systems.
- The new build has benefited the local community enormously, providing them with a well-equipped building where they can engage in numerous sports, both indoor and outdoor
- The community have a central meeting point at which they can participate in different physical activities, meet like-minded individuals, fundraise for the benefit of the wider community and engage the youth in sports and the arts
- Potential for facility to be used for commercial purposes, as a private venue to hire for events and meetings
- Building constructed within approved client budget.