Project: Royal Albert Hall
Role: Trade Contractor
Period: 52 weeks
This was a staggered project, carried out over a period of five years. This was due to the needs of the client, who required the hall to remain fully functional throughout the construction period. To meet these needs, we devised a project plan which allowed the development to be delivered in set phases until completion.
- Re-construction of balcony areas
- Structural works and alterations
- Formation of new toilets
- Formation of new dressing rooms
- Joinery and refurbishment of South steps
- Trial hole investigations throughout whole building
- Re-construction of the balconies had to be carried out over a planned three week shutdown, which meant working seven days a week, with 24-hour working, to ensure set schedules for commercial activity were not disrupted. This was the only planned shutdown over the five-year period and the work was carried out within the given timescales
- This work involved strip out of balcony areas to base build, supply and installation of new structural steelwork and timber, in order to support all new seating and formation of new exits.
- All construction was completed to an exceptional standard, without disruption to the hall’s performance schedule.